A SharePoint list can be created to display useful information such as calendars, contacts or even project tasks. The following article will walk you through step by step on how to create a basic calendar listing.
How to create a Calendar List
1. Log into your SharePoint 2010 site by going to http://team.yourdomain.com
2. Under the proper site tab, select Lists.
3. Within the List page, you may notice some defaulted categories. To create a new list, simple select the Create Icon at the top of the page.
4. A new window will appear. Click on Sort By Lists to choose from the available templates. Choose Calendar to create a new Calendar list.
5. When you select the Calendar button, to the right you can add the name of your new Calendar List or Select More options.
6. More options will allow you to name, Add a Description, Enable the Quick Launch URL for the Calendar and set it a a group Calendar.
7. Select Create when you have selected the desired options.